The Schoolhouse employs a 3-step process to enroll a child in the preschool, elementary, or middle school program. The goal of this process is to ensure that The Schoolhouse is the right fit for your child and your family.
Download specifics of the Admissions process by program:
Step 1: VISIT
We invite families to visit The Schoolhouse during the school day—while the programs are in action—so you can best decide if you think this will be the right place for you and your child.
Options for visiting include:
- Observation mornings: Observations provide a chance to see the facility, the classrooms and to have your questions answered. There is not a formal program, you can stay for as much or as little of the time as you would like.
- Schedule a visit: We are happy to find a time that fits with your schedule if you are not able to attend an observation morning. Generally, mornings are the best time to visit, but we can arrange a different time, too. To observe the preschool, contact Kelly Story, Preschool Director at or 488-0928. To observe the elementary and middle school programs, contact Liz Shayne, Head of School at or 802-355-7023.
Step 2: APPLY
To hold a space for your child (or place his/her name on the waiting list), submit the initial application and non-refundable deposit appropriate to the program (preschool or elementary). This indicates your intention to enroll your child in a Schoolhouse program.
Download Preschool Initial Application (to have your child’s name place on the waiting list)
Students who have attended another preschool or elementary school should submit a letter of reference from his/her teacher or program director.
Prior to being admitted, students who will be joining the elementary or middle school programs are asked to do a visiting day in the classroom.
Step 3: ENROLL
Admissions decisions are made on an ongoing basis. Although admission is based upon many factors, an earlier date of application can be to your advantage.
Once your child is accepted, you will need to submit the following:
- enrollment contract*
- financial aid information (elementary and middle school programs only, optional)
- non-refundable enrollment deposit*
* The contract and non-refundable enrollment deposit are due within 7 days of acceptance. You child’s space will not be guaranteed beyond this 7 day period.
Enrollment for the Preschool Program happens on a rolling basis.
Download the Preschool Enrollment Information
Download a sample Preschool Program Enrollment Contract for 2017-18
Download a sample Elementary and Middle School Sample Contract for 2017-18
Download information about tuition and fees in the Preschool
Download information about tuition and fees in the Elementary and Middle School
Find out more about financial aid here.
Parents of 3 and 4 year olds may be eligible for Act 166 funds to help defray the cost of tuition. More information can be found here. You should contact YOUR local school district for more information.